Fun and Family in February

1:28 PM

February has been one of the busiest months we've had in a  long time. I spent a weekend in Edmonton doing some more Yoga training. Tyson stayed home with the kids and took a few pictures so I would know they were being fed while I was gone. He is such a great Dad and I know my kids are in the best hands when they're with him. Unfortunately, even though he got them to church on time with their hair done, Miles threw up all over him and the bench during sacrament. I'll admit it, I'm glad I was not there!


On Family Day we went to the U of L for some free family fun. Emmett loved the pirate!

Crawling through a maze of boxes.

My cuddly son. This one's just like his Daddy.  

These cousins are the greatest! Emmett just loves them and they treat my boys like gold!

A little floor hockey.

More cuddling? Yes, please!

Emmett has been waiting for so long to handle a real hockey stick. 

And others just enjoyed running around. 

For Family Home Evening this week, we decided to venture out for some rock climbing. Emmett was not too fond of the harness so we unhooked him and let him monkey around in the cave. He thought it was pretty cool and even climbed up pretty high by the end.  

"Come back, Mom!"

Getting a bit braver now.

And today is the last day of February. I'm so excited to move into March and hopefully wind down a bit. We invited Walker over to play today and the boys had so much fun together. We sure are grateful for our cousins! 

And Emmett's really learning how to be a good friend. Yesterday we had Max, our neighbour boy over and I heard Emmett say, "Max, how are you doing at my house?" Today, he said the same thing to Walkie. I'm glad he's learning to care about how others feel too!

On Sunday I gave a talk in church on "Doing the Right Thing at the Right Time without Delay." Here's a story I gave from that talk that I want to remember. 

Just before leaving to Edmonton last weekend, I stopped at my parent’s house to pick up their GPS. I was teary-eyed at the thought of leaving my family for the weekend and making the long drive by myself. Without hesitation, my dad said to my mom, “Well, go with her Shirley. We’d never forgive ourselves if something happened to our Audy.” Within 20 minutes, my mom cancelled an appointment, found a sub for her church calling, arranged to have my dad take care of a few weekend responsibilities, and packed her bags to spend 3 days in Edmonton with nothing to do, just so I could have some company for the drive there and back. She saw that I needed help and she acted without any thought of the time and effort it would require of her. I’m sure my parents don’t realize how important and loved they made me feel through that act of service.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images